The day I'd like to forget.

February 20. The thought of it, and certainly when someone says it, gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Days come and go, but this date every year haunts me like an overwhelming ache. In my heart I know looking back is not productive, and looking too far ahead leads to anxiety. But, bring me closer to this day whether before or after and I'm sunk. I want to run and be way past it so the memories will not be as near.
A part of me left 3 years ago on this day. A piece of my very being is gone and will Not ever return. My Momma of 55 left this earth to go to the next and until I meet with her again, there will be the remains of a scarred soul and a body that feels it lost a vital part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mothers Day...mixed emotions

“Finally got my girl…”